Virtual Nonprofit Fundraising – Why Donors Love It – Is a video-teleconference conversation with Charlotte Berry known around the world as America’s Volunteer and world renowned fundraiser Jimmy LaRose. Watch how Charlotte & Jimmy have been recruiting new donors, board members and volunteers during COVID-19. They’ve determined that DONORS ARE GIVING MORE THAN EVER!
VIRTUAL NONPROFIT FUNDRAISING EVENTS ALLOW YOUR ORGANIZATION TO:
1. Engage more people
2. Shift costs to technology (in most cases expense is less than live event)
3. Less worry about attendance
4. Capture contact information of registrants before event
5. Recorded use of video event in perpetuity
6. Better control of messaging due to pre-recorded material
7. Not weather dependent
8. Can make multiple asks during the evening rather than at the end
9. Speakers do not have to travel and can record message any time prior to event
10. No fails regarding AV or food/beverage
VIRTUAL NONPROFIT FUNDRAISING ADVANCED PLANNING:
1. Capture name, email and phone number of every registrant
2. Mail each registrant a case for support and personal note
3. Prepare handwritten thank you notes to mail the day after event to each registrant
4. Two weeks prior to event: email registrants to confirm registration/calendar reminder
5. One week prior to event: email registrants reminder
6. Day before event: email registrants reminder “see you tomorrow”
7. Morning of event: email registrants “see you today!”
8. Some speakers pre-recorded and post produced with graphics, music, labels prior to evening
VIRTUAL ASK EVENT OUTLINE TEMPLATE:
1. Welcome & Opening Comments – (Reference Case for Support and Virtual Program Card)
2. Introduce goal and running tally; make first ask
3. Organizational Video
4. CEO Describes Campaign and Organizational Outcomes
5. Provide update on gifts and make second ask
6. Impact Testimony
7. Community Leader Comments
8. Provide update on gifts and make third ask
9. Donor Testimony
10. Provide update on gifts and make Fourth ask
11. Featured Speaker
12. Impact Testimony
13. Final Appeal for Commitments – CEO
14. Final Tally
PRE-RECORDING PROCESS OVERVIEW:
1. Production vendor will build registration page and viewing page eight weeks before the event, and auto email reminders about the event to those who have registered leading up to the event.
2. Organization will collect all the videos they would like to be in the presentation. Organization will also provide a high-resolution logo and color pallet along with titles for each of the video’s speakers. This will enable us to create lower third graphics for each of the speakers. Production vendor will edit the assets together to create a flow for the program, adding the client organization’s logo and music at the beginning and end. The rundown order must be finalized and all assets received before the edit begins.
3. The number of videos will be limited, at this price point, to 10 videos and the total run time will be a maximum of 1:15 for live streamed event.
4. Production vendor will provide a registration page with up to 7 custom fields like name, email address, phone number, etc. Registrants will receive thank you and reminder emails leading up to the event. The landing page for the event will have a countdown timer leading up to the event and will provide a link to come into the event when it is time for the video to play.
5. The edit will be limited to one revision, unless Video Vender error causes the need for a revision. Additional services can be added at extra cost upon request.
6. Production vendor will live stream event from their studio with MC, CEO and another guest present if desired. MC will “make the ask” live up to 5 times during the event.
7. Production vendor will post running tally graphic and keep tabulation throughout event.
Virtual Nonprofit Fundraising – Why Donors Love It was first posted at INSIDE CHARITY
Virtual Nonprofit Fundraising – Why Donors Love It – Major Gifts Ramp-Up VISIT HERE