Norman Gildin Says, “There’s 12 Types of Nonprofit Boards!”May 13, 2022
[PODCAST] Nonprofit Remote Work: Time to Flex with Purpose!May 14, 2022
CalCPA Nonprofit Conference for Charitable Executives brings together industry and public accounting experts to deliver timely updates surrounding the nonprofit market. Engage with speakers who lead sessions covering topics ranging from new and developing tax issues to effective controls and private endowments. You’ll gain a renewed understanding of pertinent accounting, audit, legal, tax and regulatory updates relevant to this sector.
California NFPs generate $273B in annual revenue, and one in every 14 California jobs is at a not-for-profit organization. CalCPA’s annual conference brings together industry and public accounting experts to deliver timely updates surrounding the nonprofit market. Engage with speakers who lead sessions covering topics ranging from new and developing tax issues to effective controls and private endowments. You’ll gain a renewed understanding of pertinent accounting, audit, legal, tax and regulatory updates.
- Determine the latest standards and technical requirements facing not-for-profit organizations.
- Identify answers to key tax and accounting questions related to nonprofits.
- Recognize issues that could affect operations and profitability.
- Keynote Presentation: DE&I
- Fraud in Exempt Organizations
- FASB NFP Update
- Tax Update
- Living in a Post-Pandemic World
CalCPA Nonprofit Conference For Charitable Executives
TOTAL CPE: 8; Total CPE-Technical: 7; Total CPE-Non-Technical: 1; Total CPE-AA: 5.5; Total CPE-FR: 1; Total IRS-TX: 3
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: CPAs, taxation professionals, accountants, financial managers, controllers, budget analysts, and auditors at not-for-profits.
MAJOR SUBJECTS DISCUSSED DURING THE VIRTUAL FORUM INCLUDE:
Tax Breakout Sessions:
- Self-Dealing and Other Common Foundation Issues
- Common Mistakes on the 990 and 990PF
- Unrelated Business Income (UBI)
Industry Breakout Sessions:
- How Non-Profits are Navigating the Great Resignation
- Best Practices to Effectively Train Your Board/Finance Members
- Due Diligence for M&A in the Non-Profit Space
Audit Breakout Sessions:
- Single Audit Update
- Implementation of New Standards
- Audit Standards Update
WHEN: MAY 18, 2022: (8:30 a.m.– 4:45 p.m. PST)
WHERE: The Westin Bonaventure Hotel—Los Angeles
Register HERE on calcpa.org:
WHO: Expert speakers include:
- Kimi Ellen, CPA, Partner at Benford Brown & Associates
- Jan Masaoka, CEO at California Association of Nonprofits
- Lior Temkin, CPA, MST, Tax Partner at SingerLewak LLP
- Stacy Litteral, Managing Director at BPM LLP
- Chérie Williams, CPA, Tax Manager | Moss Adams
- Ofer Lion, Attorney at Seyfarth
- Illyasha Peete, Executive Director, Racial and Social Equity at Center for Excellence in Nonprofits
- Shana Peete, JD, Chief Executive Officer at CEN
- Nanaz Benyamini, CPA, Partner at SingerLewak LLP
- Arthur Rieman, JD, MBA, Managing Partner at The Law Firm for Non-Profits
- Mike Lumsden, CPA, Tax Senior Manager at Moss Adams
- Renee Ordeneaux, CPA, Partner at Armanino, LLP
- Jane Coleman, CPA, Senior Tax Manager at Moss Adams, LLP
- Kim McCormick, Partner at Grant Thornton
- Lizbeth Nevarez, CPA, Managing Director at Green Hasson Janks
- Stacey Bergman, CPA, Partner at Evergreen Alliance CPA
- Lara Jakubowski, Senior Manager at La Piana
- Jeffrey D. Mechanick, CPA, FASB Assistant Director at Nonpublic Entities
- Lauren Haverlock, CPA, Partner at Moss Adams
- Andrew Prather, CPA, Shareholder at Clark Nuber P.S.
- Suzanne P. Leighton, CPA, Director SALT Group at BPM
CalCPA traces its heritage to 1903 when the California State Society of Certified Public Accountants was organized. In 1909, it merged with two other state CPA associations to form CalCPA. CalCPA serves more than 43,000 members in public practice, private industry, students, academia and government, and has 14 chapters across California. CalCPA also offers more than 1,400 live courses, conferences, webcasts and on-demand self-study courses annually.
For more information or registration VISIT HERE
CalCPA Nonprofit Conference For C-Suite Executives was first posted at INSIDE CHARITY
For more articles like CalCPA Nonprofit Conference For C-Suite Executives VISIT HERE