HotelPlanner Provides NANOE Members Discounted TravelMarch 13, 2022
[PODCAST] A Candid Conversation on Nonprofit Professional DevelopmentMarch 19, 2022
Community Relations Specialist
The Community Relations Specialist serves two audience segments of Do More Good’s Nonprofit Hub: Members (nonprofit & business) and Partners. The right candidate will serve these groups by fostering the seamless facilitation of information and assets, presenting member and partner opportunities, and providing excellent customer service to assist with the company’s growing national presence and programmatic sponsorships.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Do More Good (DMG) is a thought leadership and educational 501(c)3 organization that creates, curates, and manages a collection of content, events, and experiences that help nonprofits move from good to growth. DMG and Nonprofit Hub are two separate brands that work in partnership to curate and create educational content to help nonprofits grow awareness and support to grow their mission. Combined, we reach over 50,000 nonprofits each week with content, resources, and referrals to the sector’s top service providers. We host a membership-based platform offering content, training, networking, and other opportunities to nonprofit organizations and corporations that are seeking to partner with nonprofits.
Delightfully Empowered | Whether through unexpected value, exceptional experience, or revelation, we aim to delight and empower our audience and stakeholders.
Thought Leadership | We provide authoritative, inspiring, and easily consumed knowledge on the nonprofit sector’s most prevailing questions or problems.
Others-Centric | Everything we do is about others. Audience members, speakers, contributors, sponsors, or vendors are all our valued stakeholders whose success reflects back on us. In all we do, big and small, every day or extraordinary, we aim to set others up for success – including our fellow team members.
Consistently Increasing Excellence | We not only expect excellence, we pursue raising the bar on what is considered excellent in all we do.
Unabashedly Ambitious | This organization thrives on a drive to serve nonprofits. We feel no shame in going beyond conventional or expected methods to delight and equip our audience.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Partnerships Director in managing partner and business member accounts including responding to inbound inquiries, overseeing contracts, and collecting and processing performance data.
- Ensure that sponsored content assets are received and posted in a timely fashion with thorough communication to all involved parties.
- Proactively work to recruit new business and nonprofit members through innovative and engaging means.
- Nurture relationships with community partners including associations, publications, institutions, and other groups that regularly work with the nonprofit sector, or, those who simply wish to be aligned with social impact and good work.
- Serves nonprofit professionals and the supporting business community by staying up to date on sector needs, member interests, and methods of e-learning.
- Answer questions and provide direction to partners and members with expediency and accuracy.
- Work to help speakers and sponsors be prepared for success at the Cause Camp Nonprofit Conference.
REQUIRED SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience or education in nonprofit management or cause-related work
- Proficiency with the following platforms and software tools is necessary for this position:
- WordPress (Experience with Divi builder preferred)
- Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Presentations)
- Experience using CRM software, i.e., Active Campaign preferred
- Comfort approaching, conversing and presenting to new audiences and individuals
- Possession of problems solving skills and the ability to look at a project from various angles
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with limited supervision
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A degree in marketing, public relations, business, communications, public administration, or related field is desired.
- Experience in nonprofit management and/or membership associations
- Knowledge of Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
SALARY + BENEFITS
Salary Range: $16-19.00/hour
2 weeks paid vacation
Simple IRA with matching funds up to 3% of gross income
Insurance Reimbursement Stipend
Remote Work and flexible hours
This is a remote (work from home) position that will require occasional travel for in-person meetings and events. This role requires a high level of responsibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines. Team size is <5 which allows for creativity, innovation, and inherent leadership opportunities besides other rockstars.
Do More Good is a remote operation where team members can work from anywhere. The team’s core working hours are 10:00 a.m. EST – 4:00 p.m. EST. In order to ensure that meetings are able to be easily scheduled and communication is easy, all employees are encouraged to schedule time to work during these hours.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Do More Good (and Nonprofit Hub, a subsidiary of Do More Good) are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected]