3 Common Nonprofit Board MythsMarch 11, 2021
Graphic Design/Marketing InternMarch 16, 2021
Each week we’ll bring you a new resource that we think could revolutionize the nonprofit sector — or at least your workweek. It may be an app, platform, podcast, or product that will help you do more good. This week, we’re looking at Shift – the new app designed to decrease browser windows and increase productivity for busy people.
Shift | The Workstation for Productive People
Whether it’s a pure passion or a matter of necessity, chances are you’re a productive person. The Shift apps give uber-producers (like nonprofit pros) a clean, sleek, digital workspace free of the clutter of open tabs. With all your apps, email accounts, and networking tools synced into one platform you can navigate from task to task seamlessly.
First, let’s start with what we love:
- Frequently-used programs like Zoom, Email, Social Channels, and Slack are only a click away.
- You can easily manage and monitor multiple email accounts without having to use forwarding.
- Once the app is set up, you’ll have a log of your integrated account passwords and the ability to have them auto-fill through Shift.
- You can search multiple email accounts and Google Drives simultaneously.
- You have control over app notifications which can allow for more focused work.
- No integration is lacking – if you use it, chances are it syncs into Shift.
- The aesthetic and ease-of-use are great.
That said, there are a few changes we’d make:
- There’s no nonprofit discount (yet) for this app and it’s a bit pricey at $99 for the Advanced version with all capabilities. Their Basic plan is … well, basic, limiting you to two email accounts and one app.
- Not a weakness of the app, but you do need to know your passwords to set up Shift properly. For those who rely on LastPass or other “remember my password” tools, this could make for a frustrating transition.
Shift is a great way to increase productivity and promote sanity by streamlining your screen. What tools have you found to do more good? Share your best finds here and we’ll give you a shout-out if they’re selected to be featured.